November 6

Horror Short Story – Eoin Tracy (2nd Year) – “Ding Dong”

“Ding dong,” goes my doorbell. “Ding dong,” it goes again. I quickly scramble into my dressing gown. I clumsily make my way to the door. I unlock the door only to find a parcel. I bring the parcel inside and put it on the kitchen table. I hastily grab some milk from the fridge and some cereal from the cupboard. The house telephone starts to ring. I recognise the voice, it’s Peter O’Sullivan.“ There is something I have to tell you,” he stuttered. “A very close friend of mine passed away, a few hours ago.” “Who was it?” I reply. “ It was Tom Larken,” ( he then rang up). But I am Tom Larken I think to myself. I start to eat my cereal when I notice there is now a note on the parcel. The note reads “I am sorry for your loss, I hear he was very close to you.” I think to myself again, I am Tom Larkin this makes no sense. I turn around and look in the mirror, only to see an unfamiliar face. I stood still gazing into the mirror and the face started to move. It made a grin so unlike anything I have ever seen. It was then that I hear the sounds “Ding Dong”.

The sound repeats in my head until I finally realise I am back in my bed. I get out of bed and open the door. There is a package outside the door and I pick it up. I vaguely remember the past incident of which ‘ I died’. The anger rushed through my veins and I tore open the package. Inside the package was there was a peculiar piece of paper. After analyzing it for ages I now saw what it was. The picture horrified me and I started to hear screaming inside my head. The screaming got louder until I couldn’t take it anymore. And then again I hear the sounds “ ding dong”.

Tags:

Posted November 6, 2019 by borrisokanecc in category Competition